The Wisconsin Media Lab has redesigned its website to improve the user experience and add new features:
- Geolocation technology allows access to content from coffee shops and beyond.
- A new search box for everything in the resources.
- A faceted search function lets you find content organized by subject and grade.
- Selected media will automatically adjust to a user’s available bandwidth through the addition of adaptive bitrate streaming.
- Sharing videos with colleagues and students is now easier.
- Responsive technology makes the site work more dependably on a range of mobile phones and tablets.
Although most funding for the media lab was eliminated in the last state budget, the group has been able to continue some aspects of its operation, and hopes to grow again in the future.