Paid Opportunity for Online Coaches
NEA Early Career Learning Labs (ECLL)
2016-2017 Pilot Year
Early Career Learning Labs (ECLL):
The ECLLs are a blended learning professional learning opportunity that includes both local affiliate-based, face-to-face meetings and on-line coaching sessions around teacher-identified problems-of-practice.
Job Description for Online Coaches:
Online Coaches will be responsible for guiding and supporting a small group of Early Career Teachers (ECTs) in unpacking and learning around their problems-of-practice through a 6-8 week Learning Cycle process. Responsibilities include leading online video conference meetings (e.g. Zoom); leading asynchronous, online conversations; coaching small groups of ECTs (3-5) around their problems-of-practice; curating high-quality content to share; and attending all virtual NEA trainings and meetings.
Online Coaches are expected to spend 4-6 hours per week on this work. This position will pay $3000 for this pilot school year.
- Experience and training as a coach or mentor to teachers
- Experience leading and organizing professional development
- Experience and knowledge of blended and online strategies
- 24-7 access to a computer with webcam and audio
- 24-7 access to the internet
- Successful experience using online digital tools for communication and collaboration
- Experience using digital tools to connect and learn professionally
- Current NEA member
October 24 – Deadline for all applications
November 1 – Acceptance notifications and MOUs will be sent out
November 8 – Deadline for signing MOU and accepting the position
Week of November 14th – Initial training from 8:00-9:00pm EST