Governor-Elect Tony Evers on Monday announced the appointment of Maggie Gau as his Chief of Staff. Gau served as Evers’ campaign manager and previously worked as a legislative aide.
Evers also appointed JoAnne Anton as director of his transition team. The five co-chairs of the transition team are
- Chuck Pruitt, a partner and co-managing director of the A.B. Data Group. He’s also a former member of the UW System Board of Regents.
- Amy Traynor, an Eau Claire teamer and former 2012-13 Wisconsin Middle School Teacher of the Year award recipient.
- Jan Allman, the president, CEO and general manager of the Marinette Marine Corp.
- Dr. Veronica Gunn, the CEO of Genesis Health Consulting and a board-certified pediatrician.
- Kevin Conroy, the chairman and CEO of Exact Sciences.
Meanwhile, the Legislature’s Joint Finance Committee announced that it will meet at noon Tuesday to take up a transition budget for newly-elected governor. The committee will set a budget to enable the incoming governor to review and analyze the budget, to hire staff and obtain space and others tasks the committee approves.