One way to be involved in our union is by joining a WEAC Standing Committee. WEAC is looking for ESP members to represent the voice of ESP at the state union level. We have openings on the following committees. To apply, click here.
- Community Outreach and Family Involvement Committee. This committee meets two times a year (both face to face meetings – usually October and February). The committee is responsible for looking at public relations – specifically our communication with members and serving as a sounding board for our staff. The committee also reviews and selects all of the high school scholarship applications.
- Educational Support Professional Committee. This committee is responsible for addressing concerns and issues related to the ESP professions. This committee meets three times a year (two are face to face and one virtually).
- Governance Documents Committee. This committee is charged with reviewing all of our governance documents and recommends changes to the WEAC President. This committee meets three times a year (two are face to face and one virtually).
- Human and Civil Rights Committee. This committee is charged with addressing issues related to human and civil rights, looking at how our organization can best meet the needs of disenfranchised members and the students we teach. This committee meets three times (two are face to face and one virtually).
- Legislative Committee. This committee recommends a legislative agenda every two years for WEAC as well as looks at how we raise money for the NEA Children’s Fund and promotion of the WEAC Conduit. This committee meets two times a year (one face to face and one virtually).
- Quality Education Committee. This committee is charged with helping WEAC staff plan the fall Professional Development Institute, addressing concerns about teaching and learning, monitoring recommendations from the DPI as well as legislation proposed concerning education. This committee meets three times a year (all face to face).
- Wisconsin Early Career Educators Committee. This committee is charged with addressing the unique concerns of early career educators and making recommendations to the WEAC President suggesting ways to engage and connect early career educators into their union. This committee meets three times a year (all face to face).
All committees meet in Madison when the meeting is scheduled face to face. WEAC covers expenses related to the meeting (overnight shared lodging, mileage and meals). All Committees have a chair and a vice chair as well as an assigned WEAC staff to support the work of the committee. Committees are responsible to the President of WEAC.
If you are interested in serving on any of the committees, please complete an application by June 6, 2020.
If you have questions, email us.