|SUBMIT A NOMINATION|
To preserve and honor the memory of Richard J. Lewandowski, and to recognize and encourage the involvement of members and affiliates in humanitarian efforts. Read about Richard J. Lewandowski.
To be eligible for this award, an individual member, group of members or affiliates must have engaged in activities relating to one or more of the following:
- Worked to promote racial, ethnic, gender, or sexual orientation equity in the education profession;
- Worked to improve intergroup relations and understanding among racial/ethnic groups;
- Made a significant contribution to understanding, peace and cooperation among nations of the world;
- Worked to enhance opportunities and education programs for special education students;
- Developed products or activities that have promoted social equity and justice;
- Been identified and recognized for these activities by the community.
- Nominees may be individual members or groups of members of a WEAC affiliate. Affiliates or groups of affiliates may also be nominated.
- Nominations may be made by any member of a WEAC affiliate, a local affiliate or Region, or by the WEAC Board of Directors and must be supported by appropriate documentation.
- Appropriate documentation accompanying each nomination may include: newspaper clippings, newsletter, programs, certificates, citations, photographs (of the nominee, trophies, and/or plaques), scrapbooks (could contain all of the above), or audio tapes (although transcripts are preferred).
- Only persons or organizations whose humanitarian activities have had community-wide impact are eligible for this award.
- All nominations must be submitted on the official nomination and documentation forms (attached as Form 5). The forms may be duplicated. Only one name may be submitted on a form. Forms must be received no later than February 1.
Lewandowski Memorial Fund
A fund will be established composed of monies contributed.
Past Lewandowski Award winners:
2017 Sharon Bowen
2016 Donelle Johnson
2015 Menominee Indian Middle School
2012-13 Flynn Elementary School, Eau Claire
2008-09 Edna Feldman-Schultz
2006-07 Ryan Casper
2005 Andrew J. Kleppe
2004 Beth Franklin
2003 Santo Carfora
2002 Connie Mudore
2001 Cristina Diaz Arntzen, Rebecca Mormann
2000 Robert Peterson
1999 Richard Luther
1998 Phillip Ferguson, Jane Hammatt-Kavalski, Tenia Jenkins, Gilbert Richardson
1997 Westside Elementary School of River Falls
1995 Sara Hudson
1994 Joel Lamke
1993 Eleonore Boris
1992 Brenda Ness
1991 Anton Anday, Arlene Meyerhofer
1990 Larry Nelson
1989 Meredith Ingram
1988 Joel Pfeiffer