Recertification information and resources
RECERTIFICATION IS HERE…
Vote YES to Support Your Colleagues and RECERTIFY
Begins: Noon on Thursday, October 27, 2016
Ends: Noon on Wednesday, November 16, 2016
The recertification vote is conducted via telephone or online voting. Please follow these steps to cast your anonymous ballot to show your support:
- Voters who choose to vote online do so by logging onto http://www.aaaelections.org/WERC and following the on-screen instructions for online voting. Make sure you VOTE YES for recertification and submit your vote. Then CONFIRM your vote by selecting “yes” Wait until you are informed that your vote has been successfully processed before leaving the site.
- Voters choosing to call the recertification voting line dial: 1-866-458-9862 (toll free) anytime.
- When prompted, confirm your identity by entering the first 4 letters of your LAST NAME, then the last 4 digits of your Social Security Number. The image to the left shows which letters are associated with the telephone keypad numbers.
- You will then be asked “Do you want to continue to be represented by (the name of your current union) for the purpose of collective bargaining?”
- When prompted, VOTE YES to recertify your union; after voting, STAY ON THE LINE. Do not HANG UP until you receive a “thank you” Otherwise your vote is simply not counted and therefore you will need to go back and vote again. The same is true for interrupted calls – you must repeat your call and vote again to be counted.
- Your vote is secret;
- All employees in a bargaining unit vote, not just union members;
- The union needs to win 51% of all unit employees to recertify, which means that not voting is the same as voting no. Your colleagues need your support, so please vote YES.
- Employees experiencing trouble using the telephonic or online voting system, can call 1-800-529-5218 during the hours of 10 am to 6 pm Monday-Friday.
- Template for local flier
- ‘Have You Voted Yet?’ flier 1
- ‘Have You Voted Yet?’ flier 2
- Recertification flier with voter information
- Customizable recertification letter
- Recertification palm card
- What you need to know about recertification
- Recertification poster Please change school district/local name and the Regional Director responsible for problem solving (at bottom and top)
- Dialing for Donuts poster (customizable)