2018 Spring Election
Find your polling place & register at myvote.wi.gov.
Wisconsin Supreme Court race:
The WEAC Board of Directors has voted to recommend Milwaukee County Judge Rebecca Dallet for State Supreme Court. Earlier the WEAC Political Action Committee recommended Dallet, and WEAC member feedback was unanimous in support of that recommendation.
The committee noted that Dallet:
- Has 10 years judicial experience.
- Supports stronger judicial recusal rules.
- Believes unions play an important role in today’s workplace.
- Believes a right to a public education is a core value.
- Believes courts should stand up for people who can’t stand up for themselves.
- Is concerned with the use of outside special interest money to buy seats on the Wisconsin Supreme Court.
The election is April 3.
Find out more about Judge Dallet candidates on her website :
Voters can possibly request and vote an absentee ballot in-person in their municipal clerk’s office through April 1, 2018. Office hours vary by municipality. Some municipal offices may not offer additional in-person absentee hours Please contact your municipal clerk for absentee voting hours.
Find out more at myvote.wi.gov.
Eliminating the Office of State Treasurer not only would remove fiscal check and balances and consolidate power in the executive office (governor), it also would replace the Treasurer on the Board of Commissioners of Public Lands (BCPL), which oversees four trust funds and the State Trust Fund Loan Program. These funds, guarded by the State Treasurer’s office, are used to improve our public schools, libraries, the UW system, and local community infrastructure including parks. Find out more.
This is an 11.0101(10)(b)(1) communication with WEAC members.