Stop the Expansion of Vouchers and Private Charter Schools!
The Milwaukee Teachers’ Education Association put together this simple yet powerful animated video illustrating the impact of the private voucher school system on Milwaukee Public Schools and the children who attend MPS.
The voucher program in Wisconsin has hurt public education throughout the state, especially in Milwaukee. The voucher system turns our children into instruments of profit. Voucher schools promised a better education, but they have failed to deliver. Instead, the voucher system has deliberately drained our public schools of the resources needed to serve all children.
WEAC Research Briefs:
- Voucher Expansion Not Based on Evidence
- What are Voucher Schools?
- What are Charter Schools?
- What are Public Schools?
Recent articles about private school vouchers and charters:
- Lawmakers have passed a $73.3 billion budget that will result in layoffs, program eliminations and fewer opportunities for students. At the same time, the budget delivers unlimited tax dollars to subsidize private school tuition, requiring no real oversight, along with a host of other devastating measures. In addition to the education-related provisions, the budget repeals ...
- Politicians and privatizers marking 25 years of the failed school privatization experiment in Wisconsin are doing so even after the majority of voters in the state have expressed opposition to the program. Read More...
- The assembly speaker is flip-flopping weeks after he said he would not support expansion of statewide voucher schools without accountability measures. Read More...
After clicking “Subscribe,” an email will be sent to your email address asking you to confirm your subscription. If you have any trouble signing up on this page, please click here.
You will receive an email once a day at 5:00 p.m. but only on days when new content about vouchers is added to the weac.org News Stream.