|SUBMIT A NOMINATION|
Purpose: To recognize outstanding work by education support professional members who have made significant contributions to the cause of the union and public education in the state of Wisconsin.
Eligibility: An individual ESP member in good standing for three years as of September 1 of the award year.
Criteria: The Education Support Professional Award is presented to an individual who shows outstanding accomplishments in one or more of the following areas:
- Enhancement of the image of education support professionals in the community by being a participating citizen in a democratic society.
- Advancement of education support professionals by being an active and participating member within the local, regional, state or national association or other related associations.
- Use of innovations to support the day-to-day educational process.
- Professional achievements in his or her classification.
- The nomination shall consist of up to four (4) letters of recommendation and support for this award.
- Forms must be received no later than February 1.
- Each nomination will be checked to ensure that it meets eligibility requirements by WEAC staff.
- The selection committee will review applicants according to the criteria and purpose listed.
- The committee’s selection for the award shall be forwarded to the WEAC president who will present the recommendation to the WEAC board of directors for consideration and approval.
Previous ESP of the Year Award Winners:
2017-18 Tammy Erickson
2016-17 John Linneman
2015-16 Kim Floeter
2014-15 Dorothy Robinson
2013-14 Ted Chaudoir
2012-13 Lynn Goss
2010-11 Ruth Ann Messling
2009-10 Sue Smits
2008-09 Mary Koepsel
2007-08 Debbie Martin
2006-07 Laura Vernon
2005 Kay Hansen
2004 Judy Heise
2003 Linda Harter
2001 Joni Wilcox
2000 Teri Hanson
1999 Ned Hanrahan
1998 Vita Smith
1997 Micki Thelen
1996 Arlene Braden
1995 Debbie Meyer
1994 Lois Krueger
1993 Jim Gilbertson
1992 Joyce Jones