Job Title: Part-Time General Office/Receptionist (10 hours per week)
Location: WEAC Region 1 Office, Rice Lake, WI
Reports to: WEAC Field Manager
Classification: Associate Staff, Category A
The General Office/Receptionist position is responsible for making an excellent first impression with members and visitors. This position is also a first point of contact for members, affiliates and general calls into the WEAC Region 1 office. As well as being the welcoming face of WEAC Region 1, this position will provide general office support for the WEAC Region 1 Board of Directors, members and staff. Hours will be split between 3 days/week. WEAC Region 1 is a labor union representing public school employees throughout northwestern Wisconsin.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greet all visitors in a cordial and professional manner
- Answer and direct phone calls with professionalism; take messages as needed
- Organize work by reading and routing correspondence, collecting information, initiating and receiving telecommunications, and utilizing filing and retrieval systems
- Receive and distribute incoming mail and faxes
- Stuff and mail letters, brochures, etc on an as needed basis
- Copy and stuff folders for new members
- Data entry
- Scan and save documents for record retention
- Arrange meetings, conferences, and travel.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Support and advance the WEAC Region 1 mission, goals and core values.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
The position requires the ability to assume individual initiative, exercise sound independent judgment, and work independently. The individual selected must demonstrate strong keyboarding skills, proficient use of up-to-date computer software and good organizational skills in order to provide administrative, program, and office support to the WEAC Region 1 Board of Directors and staff. The person selected for this position must possess:
- Ability to promote and adhere to the policies and procedures adopted by the WEAC Region 1 Board of Directors and Representative Assembly.
- Maintain a high level of communication and member care, both verbal and written.
- Strong organization, time management, and attention to detail.
- Ability to be flexible in daily assignments.
- Knowledge of and ability to use email.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite. Comfortable in using technology to improve efficiency and effectiveness in the course of work.
- Ability to work well independently to meet timelines, goals and objectives. Ability to adapt to changes in priorities.
- Ability to follow directions and work collaboratively to fulfill department objectives.
- Ability to work harmoniously and cooperatively and to act in a professional manner when interacting with members, staff and the public.
- Sound judgment in handling conflict and work-related tension.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time.
- Ability to maintain confidential information in a professional manner.
- Perform all duties in a professional and competent manner.
Training and Experience:
High school diploma or equivalent. Excellent communication skills and phone etiquette. Competent computer skills including Microsoft office. Knowledge of or experience with labor unions preferred.
Salary and Fringe Benefits:
Excellent salary and pro-rated benefit package under the Associate Staff Collective Bargaining Agreement. Hourly pay equivalent to $18.23 – 21.96/hour based on experience
Deadline for Applications:
Please include your resume, the names of three references and a letter of interest detailing your experience in the areas of responsibility outlined above. Applications must be received no later than 5:00 p.m., Wednesday, September 28, 2022.
Beginning Date & Location of Employment
As soon as possible. WEAC Region 1 Office, 16 West John Street, Rice Lake, WI, 54868.
Please submit applications to:
Wisconsin Education Association Council
ATTN: Jill Hein
P.O. Box 8003
Madison, WI 53708-8003
WEAC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER