Job Title: Membership Staff Assistant
Location: WEAC Office, Madison WI
Reports to: WEAC Director of Finance & Operations
Classification: Associate Staf, Category C
This position performs membership processing duties, as well as reporting and database support for the Wisconsin Education Association Council (WEAC) and its constituents. The position maintains and updates the WEAC membership database, and related information and statistics of members, locals, regions & urbans. Additionally, this position provides administrative support to the membership department and region office.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead contact for membership processing
- Update membership database with enrollment forms, termination requests, retirements, resignations, member refunds/write offs, demographic information, roles, potential members, etc.
- Pursue collections from members with outstanding balances.
- Process member dues pro-rations, dues rejections, account balance reductions and write-offs.
- Annually collect local dues information and prepare annual membership form and enrollment forms via mail merge.
- Provide high quality customer service to local leaders, members and staff via phone and email.
- Membership department support
- Assist in the preparation and dissemination of member mailings.
- Process membership data entry projects on a continual basis.
- Provide high quality customer service to WEAC members in responding to phone calls, emails and cases. This includes serving as “lead” for general phone/email communication one day per week, and perhaps more during busier time periods.
- Reporting and data management
- Complete data updates in databases not connected to the membership database.
- Prepare and disseminate membership reports to WEAC staff and local leaders as requested.
- Assist with WEAC and Region annual Representative Assembly meetings
- Provide member lists and prepare delegate forms and mailings.
- Attend the Representative Assembly meeting(s) to assist with registration.
- Provide backup support for other membership staff
- Cross-train with other membership staff to perform duties in their absences.
- Duties of other employees include but are not limited to: Preparing accounts payable checks/EFTs; preparing deposits including updating member records; reception desk backup for scheduled vacations; member file management/scanning to NEA360 (membership database).
- Provide office support for region offices
- Greet visitors and phone calls with professionalism; take and distribute messages as needed.
- Process invoices for payment.
- Assist in arranging meetings, conferences and related travel including as needed: preparing agendas, updating governance documents, and related post-meeting follow ups.
- Other duties as assigned
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Successful previous experience working with databases, preferably in membership or customer orientated databases.
- Knowledge of, or the ability to learn, the current membership database and reporting modules to monitor and process all aspects of membership for WEAC and affiliates.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite. Comfortable in using technology to improve efficiency and effectiveness in the course of work.
- Possess ability to follow directions and work collaboratively to fulfill department objectives.
- Possess ability to work independently to prioritize work to meet deadlines and perform complex administrative tasks.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, as well as strong proofreading skills.
- Ability to adapt to changes in priorities.
- Sound judgment in handling conflict, complex tasks, and work-related tension.
- Ability to maintain confidential information in a professional manner.
- Perform all duties in a professional and competent manner.
- Ability to work overtime as needed.
- Ability to promote and adhere to the policies and procedures adopted by the WEAC Board of Directors and Representative Assembly.
- Valid driver’s license preferred and ability to handle out of office tasks, and support meeting activities.
Training and Experience:
Minimum: high school education. Post-secondary education course work and/or Associate and/or bachelor’s degree preferred.
Salary and Fringe Benefits:
As negotiated between the Wisconsin Education Association Council and United Staff Union (including, but not limited to health, dental, vision, life and long-term disability insurance, liberal retirement package, vacation and sick leave, training funds). Minimum starting salary of $51,000. Optional hybrid work schedule, following completion of training.
Deadline for Application:
Please submit a resume, letter of interest detailing your experience in the areas of responsibility outlined above, as well as the names, and contact information, of three references from employers or colleagues who are familiar with your work. Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Interviews will be conducted as applications are received. This posting will remain open until filled.
Beginning Date & Location of Employment:
As soon as possible, WEAC Madison Office, 33 Nob Hill Road Madison, Wisconsin, 53713. Optional hybrid work schedule, following completion of training.
Submit Applications to:
Wisconsin Education Association Council
33 Nob Hill Road
P.O. Box 8003
Madison, WI 53708-8003
(Reference: Membership Staff Assistant)
e-mail application: email@example.com
WEAC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER