Education Support Professionals
ESP Blog by Gail Kablau:
- Let’s Talk: We ARE the Community
- Let’s Talk: Out with the Old & In with the New
- Let’s Talk: ‘Giving Thanks’
- Let’s Talk: ‘Pacing Yourself’
- Let’s Talk: ‘Making Things Better for Everyone Around Us’
- Let’s Talk: Independence Day!
- Let’s Talk: Transitions
- Let’s Talk: Supporting our Support Staff
- Let’s Talk: An Introduction
- Let’s Talk: What are ESP?
A Day in the Life Series
Wisconsin ESP Involvement
Congratulations Katherine Hinson, winner of WEAC’s 2019 ESP Award!
This year’s Education Support Professional Award goes to Katherine Hinson, a Special Education Paraprofessional in the Bayfield School District who is known for her compassion for her students, dedication to public schools and the union, hard work and great instincts. The award was presented at the annual WEAC Representative Assembly.
In nominating Kathie for this award, Lorie Erickson said she is “the most dedicated paraprofessional I have ever worked with.” … “Every day,” Lori writes, “she goes above and beyond to educate, care for and provide emotional support for some of the most struggling students in our school.”
Melissa Giesregen, the Director of Special Services and K-5 Principal, says Kathie “is always one of the first paraprofessionals to recognize when a student is having difficulties and immediately takes action to remedy the situation. The students both respect and adore her.”
This video from the national Red for Ed campaign highlighs the work our ESP do every day!