By Kim Schroeder
The ESP Values Design Team began its work in 2016 as part of a grant received from the National Education Association. The main objective for this team was to work toward increased membership and engagement in union activities for Education Support Professionals throughout the State of Wisconsin.
Team members were selected to represent and work with members from each WEAC Region and Urban.
Here are some of the things the team has been doing:
- Rebuilding ESP Local leadership,
- Assisting locals in building membership,
- Increase awareness of the value of ESP members and our connection to student success,
- Educating school boards on who we are and what we do,
- Encouraging ESP to get involved on local ESSA implementation committees.
Team members are available to come to your local to assist with recruitment efforts, leadership training, or other needs you might have. Contact the team member in your Region/Urban for assistance. Click here for contact information.
We are also still looking to fill some seats on our team. If you are interested in serving on the team, especially in Regions 4, 5, or 6, please contact Kim Schroeder, WEAC Secretary-Treasurer, for more information.