- This event has passed.
Budgeting and Savings Basics
February 7 @ 5:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Budgeting and Saving Basics
This session will be limited to 40* members and held at the MTEA, please use the registration links below. Masks are mandatory inside the MTEA Building. If you can no longer attend, please be courteous and cancel your registration so others who want to attend can.
Having a budget is a key component of any financial plan. You can’t have a plan without a clear understanding of what money is coming in, what is going out, and where it is going. Developing a budget can empower you to take control of your finances. We discuss:
- The benefits of a written budget and how to create one.
- How to evaluate your income and read your pay stub.
- How to categorize and reduce your expenses.
- How to avoid common financial mistakes.
- The importance of paying yourself first and how it can improve your financial future.
- The value of employee benefits and how to use them.
- Tips for managing debt.
- How saving for the future is possible—and necessary.
This session will be held on Tuesday, February 7 from 5-6pm, please click this link to register. *Sessions have been increased to 40 members!