Event Series: Preparing for Retirement
Cancelled – Preparing for Retirement
May 17 @ 5:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Due to the weather, tonight’s session has been cancelled. Those who registered will be emailed directly from WEA Member Benefits.
Preparing for Retirement
This session will be limited to 40* members and held at the MTEA, please use the registration links below. Masks are mandatory inside the MTEA Building. If you can no longer attend, please be courteous and cancel your registration so others who want to attend can.
This comprehensive session is recommended for employees within 5-10 years of retirement and covers the different retirement planning solutions available and the implications of the decisions employees make as they approach retirement. The session covers:
- The sources of retirement income available to public school employees including the Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS), Social Security, and personal savings.
- The various annuity options available from the Wisconsin Retirement System.
- Retirement timeline (including eligibility dates and requirements for WRS withdrawals, health insurance, etc.
- Personal savings withdrawal issues and tax implications.
- Common roadblocks to successful retirement planning.
- A pre-retirement checklist of important things to consider.
- Tools and resources available through Member Benefits to help employees reach their retirement goals.
*Sessions have been increased to 40 members! Please click on the session below you want to attend, all sessions are from 5-6pm.
- Wednesday, February 22 – Cancelled
- Wednesday, April 26