WEAC Privacy Statement
The term “we” or “us” means WEAC.
- The term “you” means a current or former WEAC member or other person who has provided personal information to us in connection with obtaining an WEAC or WEA Academy product or service (e.g. a person who subscribes to a WEAC-produced electronic newsletter).
- The term “personal information” means any piece of information that on its own can specifically identify a current or former WEAC member or other person who has provided personal information to us in connection with obtaining a WEAC product or service. This would include, but is not limited to, full name, postal address, e-mail address, social security number, or financial information.
- The term “WEAC website” means WEAC’s external website located at: weac.org and any future websites that we may develop.
- The term “WEAC Intranet” means WEAC’s internal, private, and secured website for local leaders and staff.
- The term “third party” means a legal entity that is separate and independent from WEAC, its state and local affiliates, or any WEAC-related organization.
- The term “cookie” means a small file that is placed on your computer that allows a website to store, and sometimes track, information about how you use that website.
- The term “discussion forum” means an asynchronous website component that enables users to exchange ideas by posting questions and answers on relevant subjects. Discussion forums are also commonly referred to as “discussion groups,” “discussion boards,” “message boards,” “bulletin boards,” and “online forums.”
III. Personal Information Collected
We may collect personal information about you from the following sources:
- Personal Information that you voluntarily provide to us on your membership application and other WEAC forms — whether online via the WEAC website or WEAC Intranet or offline via traditional, hard copy forms (such as your name, postal address, telephone number, e-mail address, social security number, etc.).
- Other Personal Information that you voluntarily provide to us via the WEAC website or WEAC Intranet (such as an e-mail address if you subscribe to an WEAC-produced electronic newsletter or other personal information contained in an e-mail that you send to us via the feedback feature of the WEAC website).
- Personal Information that we receive from our state and local affiliates or other WEAC-related organizations (such as your name, postal address, telephone number, e-mail address, social security number, etc.).
IV. How We Use That Information
The personal information that WEACcollects about you helps us and our state and local affiliates and WEAC-related organizations to efficiently and effectively represent you and provide you with valuable member benefits.
V. Information Sharing
In order to provide you with efficient and effective representation and member benefits, we routinely share all of the personal information that we collect about you, as described in Section III above, with our state and local affiliates and WEAC -related organizations, as well as third parties that perform services on our behalf.
Additionally, we may share any of the personal information that we collect about you, as described in Section III above, with certain third parties that share our interests or as otherwise permitted by law.
All the above categories exclude text messaging originator opt-in data and consent, which information will not be shared with any third parties, provided that the foregoing does not apply to sharing (1) with vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf (and who will not use such information for their own purposes); (2) if we believe disclosure is required by any applicable law, rule, or regulation or to comply with law enforcement or legal process; and (3) if the user consents to our sharing of such information.
VI. Available Choices
Any personal information that you provide to us is voluntary. WEAC members may update their personal information at any time. For information on how to contact us, please visit the WEAC website at www.weac.org.
If you subscribe to any WEAC-produced electronic newsletter, you may cancel your subscription at any time by following the instructions at the bottom of all such newsletters. If you have any problems canceling such a subscription, please contact us at email@example.com.
VIII. Information Security
We maintain administrative, technical, and physical safeguards designed to: (1) insure the security and confidentiality of your personal information; (2) protect against any anticipated threats or hazards to the security or integrity of such information; and (3) protect against unauthorized access to or use of such information. For more information on our information security, contact WEAC at firstname.lastname@example.org.
IX. Additional Information for Users of the WEAC Web Site or WEAC Intranet
- Collection and Use of Non-Personal Information
If you use the WEAC website or the WEAC Intranet, you provide us with certain non-personal information in addition to any personal information that you may voluntarily provide. For example, if you browse the WEAC website or WEAC Intranet or download information, our operating system automatically records the following non-personal information:
- The Internet domain for your Internet service (such as “xcompany.com” or “xcompany.net” if you use a private Internet access account, or “yourcollege.edu” if you connect from a college or university domain);
- The type of browser that you use (such as “America Online version 7” or “Microsoft Internet Explorer 5”);
- The type of operating system that you use (such as Windows or Macintosh);
- The date and time that you visit the WEAC website or WEAC Intranet and the webpages that you view;
- The address of the previous website that you visited if you linked to us from another website; and
- The address of the next website that you visit if you link to it from the WEAC website or WEAC Intranet.
We use the above non-personal information to diagnose technical problems and track user interests so that we can provide content that interests you.
We gather this non-personal information in the aggregate and we share it in the same manner that we share personal information, as described in Section V above.
- Discussion Forums
If you participate in a discussion forum on the WEAC website or WEAC Intranet, your comments, along with any personal information that you voluntarily disclose, may be collected, used, and shared by anyone with access to that forum. We are not responsible for the personal information that you choose to submit in a discussion forum.
The WEAC website and WEAC Intranet are general websites, and we do not knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of 13.
- External Links
XI. Contact Us