- This event has passed.
May 17 @ 5:00 pm - 6:00 pm
This session will be limited to 40* members and held at the MTEA, please use the registration links below. Masks are mandatory inside the MTEA Building. If you can no longer attend, please be courteous and cancel your registration so others who want to attend can.
If you are within 10 years of retirement, this free seminar can help you understand the different retirement planning solutions available and the implications of the decisions you will make as you approach retirement. We will discuss:
- The sources of retirement income available to public school employees including Wisconsin Retirement System, Social Security, and personal savings.
- The various annuity options available from the Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS) and Social Security issues.
- The retirement timeline (including eligibility dates and requirements for pension withdrawals, health insurance, etc.).
- Personal savings withdrawal issues and tax implications.
- Common roadblocks to successful retirement planning.
- A pre-retirement checklist of important things to consider.
- Tools and solutions to help you achieve your retirement goals.
*Sessions have been increased to 40 members! Please register by clicking on the date you would like to attend: