The 2024 NEA Representative Assembly will be held on July 3 – 7, 2024 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
There will be NO virtual option to attend this year. This year will be all in-person in Philadelphia.
More details to come as they are made available by NEA.
Here is the link to the NEA Delegate Resource Page: https://ra.nea.org/delegate-resources/
The Wisconsin delegation hotel will be the Notary Hotel. We have negotiated a rate of $ 189.00 plus taxes in a group room block. This for a single/double hotel room with a $20 charge for additional guests above 2 people per room.
The room block expires on June 6 so please make sure to make your reservations by that date. More information will be coming on how to reserve rooms. We are recommending that all delegates stay at the Wisconsin delegation hotel because we have signed a contract and need to fill our room block at the hotel. In this contract, the Notary is not allowed to sell rooms at a rate less than our negotiated rate so this should be the best possible rate for the Notary Hotel during our stay.
Our group rate will apply to the group guests 5 days prior and 5 days after the group event, subject to hotel availability if you wanted to come early or stay later.
Important dates to be aware of:
- By February 1 – NEA Email with Delegate Allocation numbers sent to all Local Presidents
- April 10 – Delegate report forms are due
- June 4 – First WI Delegation Caucus meeting – 7:00 PM VIRTUAL (Zoom)
- June 6 – Room Block at hotel expires
- July 3 – Delegate Check in 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM EST, at Convention Center (delegates are expected to be checked in and badge before the start of the RA)
- July 3 – Second WI Delegation Caucus meeting 11:30 AM – 1:30 PM EST at Notary Hotel
- July 4 – 7 – NEA RA at the Convention Center
Wisconsin Caucus meetings:
Elected State, Student and Retired members receiving a stipend from WEAC are required to be at ALL caucus meetings. Attendance will be taken. ALL locally elected delegates are encouraged to attend all the caucus meetings because this is where more information that you will need to know will be shared. Here are the dates so you can get them on your calendars:
June 4 – 7:00 p.m. First Caucus Meeting via Zoom (we will send link close to the date)
July 3 – 11:30 a.m. Second Caucus Meeting in-person at hotel
July 4 – 6:45 a.m. Third Caucus Meeting in-person at hotel
July 5 – 6:45 a.m. Fourth Caucus Meeting in-person at hotel
July 6 – 6:30 a.m. Fifth Caucus Meeting in-person at hotel
July 7 – 6:45 a.m. Sixth Caucus Meeting in-person at hotel