About Region 5
By nature of your profession, public policy affects just about everything you do. When school funding reductions result in more students in your classroom or cutbacks in essential programs and support services – it affects you and Wisconsin’s students. The public schools we have today are the result of the investments, ingenuity and commitment of those who have come before us. WEAC Region 5 represents public education employees.
Whether it is school funding reform, health care reform, licensure and professional development, working together to close achievement gaps or organizing for fairer contracts – we are strongest when we stand together. And when educators stand together, we also help our students and our communities.
We believe that together we can maintain our traditions and keep Wisconsin at the forefront of quality and innovation in public education.
Feel free to learn more about the benefits that are available to you because of your membership, and please consider becoming more involved in your union at the local, Region and state level. You can contact your local leaders or Region office through your local building representative, or call WEAC Region 5 toll-free at 866-490-7232.
What is WEAC Region 5?
WEAC Region 5 is a strong voice for its members and for the children in Wisconsin public schools.
Who are its Members?
WEAC Region 5 membership includes:
- Teachers, counselors and library media specialists in public K-12 schools.
- Education support professionals—secretaries, teacher aides, bus drivers, custodians, cooks—employed in public K-12 schools.
- Faculty and support staff in the Wisconsin Technical College System.
- Active retired members.
- University students who are studying to be educators.
WEAC Region 5 Officers
- Georgine Erickson, President
- Andy Brault, Vice President
- Mary Walz, Treasurer/Secretary
WEAC Region 5 Staff
- John Horn, Director
- William Froelich, Director
- Terry Smith, Staff Assistant